2014 – 10th year of Concerts and Musical events with guests from the neighborhood, local community, surrounding City and guests from abroad.
257 Community Performances by Spirit of Excellence Flag Company directed by Founder Colleen Kosti and flag dance members as young as 4 years old and adults, professionals and beginners! To audiences small and large as 40,000 at the Rogers Centre, Toronto.
- Far more than just another after-school program, we train students in the building blocks of life!
- Children from the SOE programs have continued on into their teens and become SOELIT ‘Spirit of Excellence Leaders in Training’ helping as peer mentors, classroom assistants and volunteers at the SOE Centre.
- Graduated more than 1500 students in professional Nail Technology, Artistry and Makeup Techniques since 1980. Building entrepreneurial skills and opportunities for employment and new careers.
- Instructed over 700 young women and several thousand on the records through Queen Esther Finishing School.
- 176 children have been assessed into various programs of SOE since 2005. SOE Flag Co. has performed at over 130 local community events, schools, on television and Festivals to audiences small and as large as 40,000.
- Total of approximately 160 guest candidates of various ages have been instructed in Worship Arts, Flag Dance and Banner Making through SOE Flag Workshops.
- 16 young and primarily single mothers have been served at monthly parenting luncheons at SOE with professional nurse and educational training and fellowship support for several years.
- 43 have been served through these services/courses at SOE.
- 67 young women including Mothers and Grandmothers were given Christmas gifts two years in a row. This initiative was called ‘Heavenly Handbags’ where beautiful leather purses and such were stuffed with gift cards, lotions, coffee, books and personally hand picked items for the candidates.
- 140 were fed at a pre-Christmas celebration, a sit down full trimmings Christmas Turkey dinner after a Christmas Concert, gifts for children and performance by SOE students.
- Previous year, over 40 adults from the neighborhood were fed Turkey Dinner on Christmas Day.